Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Thoughts on "Like"

The following two clips say more about "like" than I can put into words. Enjoy...




As mentioned Monday, Taylor Mali is one of my favorite performance poets. I first saw him in the mid-1990s at a few poetry slams in the Chicago area. A former teacher, Mali's poetry focuses on some of his experiences in the classroom...




If you feel strongly enough about "like," feel free to get some anti-"like" gear on Taylor's website. I don't know him or get any commission, but I do think it is great.

1 comment:

Mindful Mimi said...

Interesting. I like Taylor - thanks for making me discover his performance poetry. Though English is not my mother tongue, I often notice inconsistencies with English speakers that probably only happen when it is your native language and you are so good at it that you do not notice any small hiccups. I am not much prone to the 'like' but I have caught myself often on the 'you know'... Maybe you should write a topic about that one too...